Is Medical Grade Skincare Worth It?

Did you know that 80% of the changes you can make to your skin come from what you use at home daily, and the other 20% is a result of treatments such as facials, injectables, and lasers?

THIS is why medical-grade products make a massive difference!

Medical-grade skincare refers to skincare products that are prescribed or sold by licensed medical professionals such as dermatologists, plastic surgeons or cosmetic and aesthetic physicians.

These professionals have access to skincare products that are formulated with higher concentrations of active ingredients, and have been clinically-tested for their efficacy. It is very similar to professional vs drugstore hair products.

Medical-grade skincare is different from over-the-counter products because they contain more active ingredients, which means they are more potent, effective and have higher concentrations of active ingredients.

The biggest advantage of medical-grade skincare is that they are more effective than over-the-counter skincare products. This is because they can penetrate deeper into the skin and provide more noticeable and significant results. Medical-grade skincare products are also formulated and clinically tested to target specific skin concerns such as acne, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, rosacea, and other skin issues.

In addition, medical-grade skincare is often designed with the highest safety standards, as they are formulated using pharmaceutical-grade ingredients and go through a rigorous testing process. This means that medical-grade skincare products are less likely to cause skin irritation or have negative side effects, and may be suitable for people with sensitive skin or conditions such as eczema or psoriasis.

Results of medical grade skincare to lighten hyperpigmentation.

What about Sephora products? They carry products that have all the same ingredients but they’re way cheaper!

Although Sephora carries products that can contain the many of the same ingredients as medical-grade, the products are still over-the-counter. This means that they do not go through the same testing process as medical-grade, and thus are not guaranteed to be as potent or to be able to treat different skin conditions.

What if I’m on a budget?

We understand. Medical-grade is not cheap. We would recommend starting with one active ingredient that is indicated for your primary skin concern, and supplementing with drugstore products until you are able to make the switch. Retinol is a great active to start out with as it is the most studied ingredient indicated for all signs of aging. It’s also indicated to treat acne, enlarged pores, oily skin, and more!

Another product that is non-negotiable is sunscreen. UV rays are responsible for nearly all signs of aging and skin damage, so if you do nothing else, you will see a noticeable difference over the long term if you use retinol and wear your SPF every single day!

In conclusion, medical grade skincare really IS worth it!